Setup Online Banking doesn't work for 2nd user ID at same bank

kcannon

26 Jun, 2020 12:14 AM

I’ve been a MoneyDance user since 2012 on a Mac, currently running Mojave, version 10.15.6. Last month, for the first time in quite a while, I added a new credit card. The new card is from Chase and I already have two older Chase credit cards. The new card is in my name, while the other cards are in my wife’s name, and I have to sign on with a new user ID to access the new account.

I added the new account to MoneyDance, When I attempted to setup online banking using the new user ID and password, I received an INVALID ID/PASSWORD error. I’m certain the ID and password I’m using are correct as I use them any time I sign on to that account via a browser. I did some looking around on this site and found someone with a similar error cleared it by changing the new account’s password. I tried that but it didn’t help. Then I tried giving both accounts the same password, but no luck.

It almost seems like MoneyDance isn’t using the user ID and/or password I’m entering, but I have no evidence of that.

Both of the old Chase cards and one from a different bank work as usual.

If anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions, I’d appreciate some help. I’m at my wits end on this one.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 26 Jun, 2020 12:22 AM

Hello,

Since this is a new account, you likely haven't activated it for direct connections yet. Chase allows you to enable Direct Connect on their website. To enable this connection method, follow these steps:

1. Log on to the Chase website.
      2 Look to the upper right-hand corner of the webpage for the head and torso icon.
    2. Click the head and torso icon and select 'More Settings'.
    3. A list of items will appear on the left side.
    4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list.
    5. There you'll see the link for 'Desktop apps' under the AccountSafe menu
    6. Click to activate your account.

You should be able to connect in Moneydance after that. If you still have trouble, you may need to perform one more verification step. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Log on to Chase's site.
    2. Go to your Secure Message Inbox.
    3. You should have a message asking you to confirm your connection. Click the link to confirm.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by kcannon on 26 Jun, 2020 01:39 AM

That worked, Ethan. Thank you!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac