Stock price updates stopped working

larry

26 Jun, 2020 08:11 AM

Since I installed the two 2020 updates (now on v2014), stock price updates have stopped working... Exchange rates update fine through Alphavantage, but not stock prices...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 26 Jun, 2020 08:50 AM

Hi Larry,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you check you're running the latest version of the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension? To do this, choose Extensions --> Manage Extensions. The latest version of the extension is v.1024.

We've included IEX trading as another source for updating rates. This website includes a list of eligible symbols IEX trading uses - https://iextrading.com/trading/eligible-symbols/

Recently, a knowledgeable Moneydance customer and developer (Mike Bray) has created a third party extension called 'Quotes Loader' that has been verified by us.

You can find more information about the extension in this thread(the latest free third-party Quote Loader is post 205) from the public discussion board.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube video by using the link on page one of the PDF.

The latest build 3021 of Quote Loader is available within Moneydance, under Extensions –> Manage Extensions.

The system provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of two sources and entering them into the relevant History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security Prices, Exchange Rates, Market Indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. The system provides quotes from many stock exchanges, US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

Download the attached PDF, follow the instructions on how to use Quote Loader.

The PDF also contains links to a Quick Start Video Guide, a Short Tutorial Video and a Full Tutorial Video, all on YouTube.

The second PDF covers the creation and importing of Cryptocurrencies and Market Indices into Moneydance.

Please keep this thread to this subject on how to use Quote Loader:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Finally, it might be useful referring you to this thread containing the last update from Mike Bray.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by larry on 26 Jun, 2020 10:45 AM

Thanks Maddy, I'm in the UK, so IEX doesn't work for me however Quote loader (once I got my head around it) is working! Thanks a lot...

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 26 Jun, 2020 11:02 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Larry

If there are things about Quote Loader you have not yet got your heat around see post 38 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 38 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by larry on 26 Jun, 2020 11:25 AM

Thanks Derek, All my stuff now works, and much quicker than Quotes and Exchange Rates…

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2020 08:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac