Split

Stephen

26 Jun, 2020 02:14 PM

Hi - the program freezes when I try to access the SPLIT to update the Mortgage Paid & Interest Paid - have to force a close of program, I have already updated Moneydance to 2019 but had no affect to the issue - can you assist?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 26 Jun, 2020 04:55 PM

Hi Stephen,

I think what might be at play here is that the Split window is rendering off-screen.

When invoked, the Split window takes focus from the main Moneydance window and requires user-interaction to return said focus. e.g. clicking the 'Done' button.

Without the ability to provide the required Split window interaction, Moneydance will appear to have frozen.

Try this...

Open Moneydance, create a new transaction and invoke the Split window. (Moneydance will appear to have frozen)
    Use key-combo ALT-SPACEBAR (a small context menu may or may not appear at the edge of your monitor)
    Tap the letter 'm' on your keyboard to invoke the 'Move' command.
    Using your keyboard's ARROW keys, hold down the appropriate ARROW key (likely the LEFT ARROW key) to hopefully move the orphaned window back on-screen.

This phenomenon is usually caused by installing a second monitor to your machine and subsequently removing it.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by tgilbert666 on 28 Jun, 2020 12:53 AM

Can this be attached to a DEFECT please.

See https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/61718-popup...

... AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. If they were all attached to the same DEFECT, I think this might be the most reported problem with MD!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac