Popups on wrong monitor

al

27 Jun, 2020 01:24 AM

Have been using MD for 5+ years. Generally I use 2 monitors - and drag stuff from one to the other to make use of screen real estate. Trouble is, if I drag a popup (say edit a report) to screen 2..and then shut MD...then take my laptop away and only have one screen....when I next try to run that report in MD it tries to show on the non-existent screen 2! So I cant do anything with it.
How can I get all windows to popup up on the same (single) monitor when thats all I have.
Its like MD tries to be too clever and re-open the window where I last had it...even though that display doesn't exist :)
I am using MD on Windows10 so dont have the Mac Finder :)

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 27 Jun, 2020 01:45 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Yes Moneydance remembers the last position used.

To move a window back onto the visible screen use the key sequence <ALT> <SPACEBAR> followed by the M key then repeatedly use the arrow keys (usually left arrow to bring the window back on screen.

2. 2 Posted by tgilbert666 on 28 Jun, 2020 12:50 AM

Yes, that's the WORKAROUND, as any number of KB articles suggest, but this is CLEARLY a bug and should be reported and classified as such so that a fix can be planned, programmed, tested and delivered.

Whilst it's great that MD remembers last used screen positions, it should clearly check - at least in every session, probably for in every new window - for the presence of such a screen before splotting any new window into limbo.

I've seen nothing to convince me that this is a java issue and beyond the scope of MD. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Please Ethan/Maddy, create or attach this to a DEFECT report.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac