Downloading securities and exchange rates

Ed Reeve

30 Jun, 2020 03:32 AM

I am using a Mac with the latest operating system and your latest 2019.3 (1880) which has been only updated in the last two weeks.I have five exchange rates (only 3 will update using Alphadvantage) and two securities which will not update. I am not sure whether it was your update that caused the problem but all was working two weeks ago.
I have read everything ( I think) on your web site and read the manual which is a little old and tried many things.
I have been using your product for over 10 years and it is great except for this problem which also appeared some years back.
Your solution would be greatly appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Jun, 2020 03:41 AM

I'm a fellow user.

AlphaVantage appears to be increasingly problematic.

I would suggest you try the alternative extension - Quote Loader see:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 30 Jun, 2020 05:59 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Ed.

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the extension Quote Loader under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSION

For a more direct link to information on the latest build of Quote Loader see post 38 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 38 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by edreeve on 06 Jul, 2020 05:43 AM

Hi derek, Uploading your recommendation I cannot work out how to get post 38. The posts for me start in the 60’s.
    I have uploaded the ‘Quote Loader’ and it lets me use Yahoo (which i think we used to use earlier) but will not download securities. I would be grateful for any further hints. Thanks for your help to date

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 06 Jul, 2020 06:31 AM

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 06 Jul, 2020 07:51 AM

Hi Ed.

Since post 38 there has been a new build release of Quote Loader which is covered in post 63 see
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF attached to posts 63 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Can you post say 4 examples of your ticker symbols and there associated security names and I will test they are supported and try to provide further guidance.

Hope this helps.

6. 6 Posted by edreeve on 09 Aug, 2020 03:32 AM

Hi Derek.
    Thanks for all your info and I apologise for taking so long to get back to you.

I have followed all your advice and now all is working well. I thank you for your great help and time.

regards. Ed Reeve

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Aug, 2020 06:22 AM

Hi Ed.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am glad Quote Loader is working for you.

Have Fun, Stay Safe.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac