Bug on Welcome to Moneydance Screen

Jeff_l

03 Jul, 2020 06:01 AM

I have four active Datasets & have started to use the “Welcome to Moneydance” screen to launch the program.

I’ve noticed that if I make a mistake in entering the password, if rather than re entering the password I click Cancel, as I really wanted the second Dataset on the list anyway, the screen Locks Up and the only option at that point in Windows 10 is to use Task Manager to quit.

This also happens on MacOS & Linux. The only difference is that on MacOS & Linux you can click the normal corner close button to quit the program. In Windows this button does not work.

However, in all three operating systems the screen locks & you don’t get another chance to input the correct password or choose a different dataset, after clicking cancel, you have to restart the program.

MD 2020 (1915)

Jeff

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 04 Jul, 2020 08:32 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Jeff

A comment by Sean, Moneydances developer, after another user sth drew Sean’s attention to your post.

“I'll take a look at the canceling password thing from the welcome window... I hadn't seen that.”

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 04 Jul, 2020 09:36 AM

Hi Derek,

I've not been on the Slack website for ages, guess I could/should have reported it that way !

Jeff

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac