Memorized Reports Column Move Lost

hwh888

03 Jul, 2020 04:00 PM

Rel: 2020 (1915)

Lost ability to move columns for export to spread sheet.
They need to be in a specific order to match many years of saved spread sheets.
Previous release allowed columns to be moved and saved.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 03 Jul, 2020 06:07 PM

What report are you talking about? I don't recall moving columns in any report. But you may have a different report than I am using. And just for the record, what OS?
    (Not IK Support)

2. 2 Posted by hwh888 on 03 Jul, 2020 06:32 PM

I create Monthly Reports of all my checking and cc accounts. At one time I
    rearranged columns to my spreadsheet setup. I could definitely move columns
    around in past versions, don’t know which one because I saved the report
    format and it would automatically output each month like I had it saved.
    Win10 Pro

3. 3 Posted by sth on 03 Jul, 2020 06:37 PM

There isn't any report called a monthly report. I assume these are memorized Income and expense, detailed reports. Seems like there is a wholesale issue with reports. Columns cannot be resized, cannot be moved, the headings at the top scroll up and do not stay in the windows, and the reports all open at the bottom of the page.

I think IK is aware of this and will hopefully be addressed in the next preview release. This is one of the disadvantages of using beta software. Usually the beta releases have been very reliable, but these things happen. Reverting to the last official release might help.

4. 4 Posted by hwh888 on 04 Jul, 2020 03:44 AM

Beta software? I get a notice of a update, it says nothing about beta this
    or bets that? Maybe another bug report to label releases as such. In no way
    is release 2020(1915) referred to as any type of beta. Its been months
    since any new release and then this happens.

5. 5 Posted by jeff_l on 04 Jul, 2020 06:26 AM

In order to get MD 2020 (1915) you must have visited the Preview Page on this website.

On that page it clearly says in large bold letters “Moneydance Preview” & under that it warns you that this is beta software etc.

Most users never find the preview page, unless they have the extension Check for Updates installed & also have the box ticked that says “check for beta/preview updates”

If the preview isn’t working for you, download the last release version on the download page & install it over your beta software.

Jeff

6. 6 Posted by hwh888 on 04 Jul, 2020 11:21 AM

Thanks for that info. I’ll go back to previous stable release, I’ll also
    have to double check where I am before downloading, stable or beta.

7. 7 Posted by sth on 04 Jul, 2020 06:36 PM

Yes, that version is a Preview and that is an option on the update notification to include "Preview" versions. However, this is probably a permanent feature of the next release of changing the report display code to HTML.

This was a change done awhile ago, from the change log:
    Moneydance build 1884 (Mon, 22 Jul 2019 23:47:12 +0100)
    * Use lightweight browser component to display reports, meaning that report columns are now auto-sized

You may have best results in scripting your Excel sheets to move columns around rather than trying to do it in MD. (my $0.02) worth.
    (Not IK Support)

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 04 Jul, 2020 09:30 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I've used every version since Moneydance 2012 and dabbled in some older releases as well. While it has been possible to change column widths, I have never seen a capability of changing the column order or in removing columns completely.

9. 9 Posted by sth on 04 Jul, 2020 09:42 PM

Like Des, I have never used that feature to reorder or remove columns and didn't know it existed. Since I am running the latest preview, it is already gone and I didn't miss it. But Sean mentioned that several features of reports have changed due to the display of HTML in a mini-browser. However, the autosizing of columns should have improved.

10. 10 Posted by james.mikesell on 15 Sep, 2020 03:25 AM

I can confirm this issue is still a problem with version 2020.1 (1928) (Mac OS).

Specifically, the Cash Flow report, when grouped by month is no longer remembering the column order if columns are dragged to a new order. You used to be able to use the memorize button and click update to save column order, however this is no longer the case.

11. 11 Posted by dwg on 15 Sep, 2020 04:32 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I have been able to change the order of the columns, it is not obvious that this is even possible.

I am finding that attempting to memorize the report the column order is reverting, There is a workaround for updating memorized reports with changed parameters however this does not appear to help with this particular issue,

12. 12 Posted by dwg on 17 Sep, 2020 01:22 AM

I have provided a point to this discussion for the developers attention.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac