Download problems

annesabine

04 Aug, 2020 06:04 PM

I've tried downloading the Moneydance program exe file a couple of times without success. It appears to fail at the very end, and if I try to open it I get a message that it's not compatible with my computer. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) so I'm downloading the Windows 7+ version of the software using Firefox.

Thank you,
Sabine

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 04 Aug, 2020 07:36 PM

Hello Sabine,

It sounds like perhaps the download isn't completing? If not, than trying to run a partially downloaded file won't work. Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're describing.

Everything seems ok on our end, and I was just able to download the program without a problem. Sometimes we've seen what you describe happen when your web browser tries to open the downloaded file before it has completed. Can you try right-clicking on the program download link at http://infinitekind.com/downloads and choosing the 'save link as' option (or whatever option sounds similar, depending on which web browser you are using)? Then make sure to wait until the download has completed entirely, after which you can try to run the file.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by annesabine on 04 Aug, 2020 08:02 PM

Thanks, Ethan, I got it to download correctly using Microsoft Edge. We
    live out in the country and I think our WiFi is just super slow now and
    often overloaded, breaking up for short periods of time (due to so many
    people working and attending school from home) so the download kept
    failing. Moneydance looks exactly like what I was looking for - I love my
    old Quicken 2004 that I have on an ancient MacBook but that machine will
    die one of these days. Don't like the new Quicken at all - interface is
    too busy - and anyway am on a mission not to pay software subscription fees
    unless absolutely unavoidable.

Cheers,

Sabine

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 06 Aug, 2020 07:44 PM

We are pleased to hear that, Sabine!

When you purchase Moneydance, it’s a one-off payment and not a subscription or a recurring fee.

After purchasing, you'll be sent a license key via email. This key will be valid with all builds of the current release, and also the next major version.

We never force upgrades or ‘sunset’ older versions of the program, so you can continue to use the same version for as long as you wish.
    That being said, if you did decide to upgrade in the future, you’d be entitled to a 50% discount.

I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2020 07:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac