Problem downloading latest update for Moneydance 2020

Wendy Chivell

09 Aug, 2020 12:53 PM

Every time I try to open the downloaded update I get the following:

Warning
The following disk images couldn't be opened
Moneydance.dmg Reason Resource busy

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 09 Aug, 2020 02:53 PM

The first thing to do is quit Moneydance if it is running. Then restart your Mac.
    Have you done this already? Then try to install again

If that does not work, again shut down your Mac & restart it holding down the Shift key to boot into SAFE BOOT mode.

If neither of those work you may have to run Disk Utility to fix a hard disk issue.

Hope the above helps

Jeff - fellow User

2. 2 Posted by sth on 09 Aug, 2020 08:01 PM

I don't see this using Safari to download. Whatever your downloading program is, it is not closing the dmg file when it finished downloading. At a minimum, make sure that the program reports download complete, then try quitting whatever browser or utility you use for downloading before attempting to open the DMG.
    (NOT IK support)

3. 3 Posted by Wendy Chivell on 10 Aug, 2020 05:31 AM

Cured the problem. Went into disk utility and ran first aid.  Then successfully installed the upgrade

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9:01 pm, sth <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv6538829446 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6538829446 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac