Updated and now can quit

Chris Ewan

09 Aug, 2020 10:25 PM

I updated to 2020 (1918) and now when I run it I can not quit without using force quit - Running Mac OS 10.13.6

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 09 Aug, 2020 10:40 PM

Hello,

Is there one particular way of quitting that doesn't work, or do none of them seem to work? (Clicking on the red button in the corner to close the main window, going to File -> Quit, etc.) Does the program appear to be frozen, or can you still use it, you just can't quit?

After you force quit, but before you relaunch the program, can you send your errlog.txt file? This may capture whatever is happening behind the scenes.

If you're using Mac OS X, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder, open Finder, select Go -> Go to Folder -> from the menu bar, and copy and paste in:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Chris Ewan on 10 Aug, 2020 02:56 AM

Here a screen shot of what I get when I click the red button or go to Fill->Quit

Also here is the log

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac