Recording advance payments

Noel Murray

14 Aug, 2020 06:23 PM

This has been fine for me for a long time but now it isn't working, how can I solve this please?

HELP!!!!!

Thank you

Noel

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 14 Aug, 2020 08:00 PM

Hi Noel,

It's going to be difficult at best for anyone to help you without more information.

What version and build of Moneydance are you using?

What operating system are you running?

What exactly do you mean by 'isn't working'?

Are you receiving an error message? If so, what message?

Are future transactions not showing up in the register?

Have you checked to make sure that the 'All' filter is applied to the register?

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 15 Aug, 2020 06:28 AM

Hi Noel,

You’ve asked this same question a few days ago, which I replied to. Kevin is correct, if you don’t provide some basic info it’s difficult to answer.

However, the most common cause of this issue is failure to tick the relevant boxes. I described which box to tick, but maybe a picture would be more helpful to you, see attached.

If this does not fix your problem then you need to supply the missing additional information so that others can help you.

Jeff – fellow user

3. 3 Posted by Noel Murray on 15 Aug, 2020 08:27 AM

Hi,
    In answer to some kind replies to my problem…
    I’m using version 2020 (1919) but only recently updated from version 2019.3 (1880)
    I’m running on Windows 10
    By “not working” I mean I’ve set automatic updates/reminders of transactions to appear 42 days in advance. I’ve done this successfully for years now with no problems, until now
    No error message is being received
    No future transactions are appearing at all
    Not sure what Kevin N means by the “All filter”
    I hope this helps someone out there to solve the problem and thanks in advance!
    Noel M

4. 4 Posted by Noel Murray on 15 Aug, 2020 08:34 AM

Hi Jeff,

My apologies, I hadn’t spotted your reply re my earlier question. I sent a reply to Kevin (see below) and was about to do the same for you but the suggestion you made has sorted it, so thank you very much indeed. It intrigues me though that in all the years I’ve used MD I’ve never been near that particular box and just ticking automatic entering on individual payments has always done it for me. Anyway, every day a school day so again. Many thanks

Noel Murray

Hi,
    In answer to some kind replies to my problem…
    I’m using version 2020 (1919) but only recently updated from version 2019.3 (1880)
    I’m running on Windows 10
    By “not working” I mean I’ve set automatic updates/reminders of transactions to appear 42 days in advance. I’ve done this successfully for years now with no problems, until now
    No error message is being received
    No future transactions are appearing at all
    Not sure what Kevin N means by the “All filter”
    I hope this helps someone out there to solve the problem and thanks in advance!
    Noel M

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 15 Aug, 2020 08:51 AM

I'm a fellow use.

That particular checkbox was introduced in Moneydance 2019.0. It should only be relevant if you are syncing.

6. 6 Posted by Noel Murray on 15 Aug, 2020 09:04 AM

Thank you for the info, I’m very grateful

7. 7 Posted by -Kevin N. on 15 Aug, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Noel,

I'm glad to hear that fellow forum member Jeff was able to provide you with the information needed to get things sorted. Thank you for reporting back with your results.

Just for informational purposes, the 'All' filter is one of several filters that reside along the top of the register.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

8. 8 Posted by Noel Murray on 15 Aug, 2020 02:48 PM

Thanks again Kevin, All is well again in the MD world. Have a good weekend

Noel
    07595 601316
    0151 339 5963
    Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Aug 2020, at 14:49, -Kevin N. <[email blocked]> wrote:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac