Restored items

Harold Ehrman

21 Nov, 2020 08:07 PM

How do I get rid of Restored items shown as being zero? Example below.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Nov, 2020 08:20 PM

I'm a fellow user.

The "Restored Accounts" accounts are generally caused by Moneydance encountering some transaction(s) that refer to a category or account that is no longer present. These references can be from a transaction, reminder, or sub-account. Because MD doesn't know the name of the category/account, it only has the ID number, so it uses that to create the "Restored" accounts with the same ID.

You should be able to look at the transactions in the account (or the other side of those specific transactions) to find out where they belong and make the necessary corrections. Once the account is empty you should be able to delete it.

2. 2 Posted by Harold on 24 Nov, 2020 04:50 PM

I finally realized that these problem items were accounts and that I could not simply hit the delete key. I went to the account menu and deleted the problem accounts. Problem solved (I think).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-11-21_at_12.03.00_PM.png 34.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac