2021 version Crash with MacOs Big Sur

langlos

27 Nov, 2020 05:32 PM

Impossible to modify ou balance accounts with 2021 version on Mac OS Big Sur.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 27 Nov, 2020 08:25 PM

I'm a fellow user.

When using Big Sur with Moneydance 2021 at this point in time, you should ensure:

1. You should be using the preview build 2008 as it corrects a MacOS issue in the Java that is included in Build 2006:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

2. In the Mac System Preferences, General section, the option "Prefer tabs [always] when opening documents" should be chnanged from "always" to never or "in full screen"

In the longer term a stable version should be released that resolves these issues, however at the moment I believe there are other significant issues around online banking that are taking priority and given there is a simple approach that can be taken to deal with the Mac issues it does not have the same priority.

If after ensuring you have done these changes you are still having problems perhaps you can provide more detail as to what you are doing and what is happening.

2. 2 Posted by Serge Langlois on 27 Nov, 2020 09:04 PM

Thanks. Resolved!

3. 3 Posted by Ken Bolton on 29 Nov, 2020 09:27 AM

It also sorted a problem I had when the app hung every time I tried to change a date field in the Income and Expenses report/Edit.

Thanks

4. 4 Posted by rigby on 29 Nov, 2020 11:00 AM

VERY many thanks for this helpful advice - this issue has been driving me mad! Now resolved.

5. 5 Posted by Mike on 29 Nov, 2020 02:02 PM

Many thanks @dwg. Sadly, this is not the only program to have issues with Big Sur!

6. 6 Posted by Jim Oelgoetz on 29 Nov, 2020 02:17 PM

Thank you DWG, this seems to have resolved the issue!

7. Melissa closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2020 07:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac