Summary page budget bars wrong on start up

RobS

08 Jan, 2021 10:27 PM

I'm running MD 2021 v2006 on a Windows 10 system.

On start up, some budget bars incorrectly show zero spend. If I use the sidebar to click away from the summary page then return to it, they show correctly.

Anyone else come across this?

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 08 Jan, 2021 11:00 PM

just a user,

I have the budget bars set for 30days and I don't see any issues. Possibly a window size issue, you might try full screen to see if it makes any difference.
    I'm using win10 64b MD version 2021.1 (3034)

2. 2 Posted by RobS on 08 Jan, 2021 11:23 PM

Hi mhoggie,

Thanks for your input. I don't think it's a window size issue; I always have MD open full screen, I see all the bars, and they are correct for the data they display, it's just that the figures (both the actual and the budget figures) are wrong.

I have the bars set to display Fiscal Year to Date, and my fiscal year starts 1 April.

I've looked in more detail at the figures which are shown on start up and they are actually displaying the spend since the start of the month and displaying either a month's budget figure in the case of non prorated monthly budgets or 7/365th of an annual budget figure (today being 7th January) for items which are prorated but given an annual amount.

What I cannot say for sure is that the figures are month to date. They may equally be year to date because as it's only January this will be the same as month to date.

As mentioned in the first post, this behaviour only appears on opening Moneydance. As soon as I refresh the page by clicking away from it and reopening the summary, the bars display correct Fiscal Year to date figures.

RobS

3. 3 Posted by mhoggie on 08 Jan, 2021 11:30 PM

just a user,

OK, at some point in the past I set all my budget items to "non-prorated" setting in the "old style" budget set up. I can't remember exactly why I did that but it was causing some kind of report issue when I left them at default.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac