Money Dance error 2003 when I try to download a credit card

Mark McLelland

09 Jan, 2021 04:06 PM

I have used moneydance for a while now and just recently started experiencing an issue while trying to download credit card transactions. It gives me error 2003 but I can log on to the account online using the exact same credentials. I did an online search and saw a response on your forum about upgrading. So I downloaded the newest version and installed it. It didn't solve the issue and now I am in demo mode with only 68 more transactions before it sops working. I had no idea I had to pay to upgrade and now I am not sure what will happen once it reaches the demo limit. I don't need the upgrade especially if it doesn't solve the problem. I switched from Quicken to you guys a year ago because I hated the way Quicken made me upgrade so often. I swear I read on your site that it wouldn't be necessary to upgrade the program. So I have two problems. How can I fix the download issue and also how can I get the new version reverted to the version I already own?

1. 1 Posted by jeff_l on 09 Jan, 2021 04:35 PM

You can download previous versions of MD at link below.

If you get the same version that you had previously you will get out of Demo Mode. Just install over the version you now have on you computer, to regain your registered status.

https://infinitekind.com/previous-versions-of-moneydance

fellow user

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 09 Jan, 2021 08:34 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Most institutions have different usernames/passwords for Internet banking and Direct Connect - they are different computer systems in most organisations and many institutions do not implement a centralised username/password system.

Error 2003 means Account bot Found, so perhaps the particular account you are trying to retrieve has not been enabled for Direct Connect, or has been turned off/disabled for access.

3. 3 Posted by Mark McLelland on 10 Jan, 2021 04:46 PM

Thanks for the information. I have logged in to this credit card account with no issues for over a year so it is strange that it is suddenly happening. I'll drop back to the previous version although I'm not sure exactly what version it was. frustrating that they work it this way.

4. 4 Posted by Mark McLelland on 10 Jan, 2021 05:04 PM

I successfully dropped back to the previous version. Since the download feature isn't working on this account, is there a way to download a file from my online account and then import it? I used to be able to do that with Quicken. If this is possible, what file type should I choose to download and how do I import it into the correct account on Moneydance?

5. 5 Posted by sth on 10 Jan, 2021 07:30 PM

Download either a quicken file (qfx, qif) or an Open Financial Exchange file (OFX). How to download is different for each financial institution.

What credit card stopped working?

If you purchased MD 2020 a year ago, the upgrade to MD 2021 is free and should use the same license key. You might need to reenter it.

The best version is the preview version https://infinitekind.com/preview which is in development and has fixes for some recent changes by some financial institutions.

6. 6 Posted by Mark McLelland on 11 Jan, 2021 01:42 PM

Thanks for all the help. I have reverted the program back to the original version and have successfully download the card transaction online and then imported them.

7. Melissa closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2021 01:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac