Report Printing to PDF

dm_corsa

09 Jan, 2021 05:08 PM

When I go to print a report, the only output option that shows up as available is my normal system hard copy printer. Print to PDF does not show as an available option. I tried checking the Print to File option and that outputs only a .ps (postscript) file which is not helpful.

I running the latest version, 2021 (2006) under Linux. Every other software package I have shows PDF as an available output printer.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 09 Jan, 2021 07:52 PM

just a user,

Yeah, easy on windows because there is a PDF printer available on Win10. Would be nice to add to MD, but there should be a PDF printer available you can load for linux. I think using CUPS.
    Here is a link I found that might help.
    https://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-create-pdf-documents-in-ubuntu.html

2. 2 Posted by dm_corsa on 09 Jan, 2021 07:54 PM

Thank you. I actually just found cups-pdf in the repository on my openSUSE system and installed it. It does show up as a printer selection which I did. Now I just need to figure out where it put it LOL.

Thanks for the reply.

3. 3 Posted by jeff_l on 09 Jan, 2021 08:33 PM

Yes that is a BUG, can confirmed your findings - MD 2021.1 (3034) Linux Mint 20

However, there is an easy workaround I’ve used for sometime … instead of Print, click Copy to Clip Board, paste into LibreOffice, save as PDF (only a few mouse clicks)

fellow user

4. 4 Posted by dm_corsa on 09 Jan, 2021 09:13 PM

cups-pdf (if your system uses cups for printing administration), works well except if you want to print the report in landscape. It doesn't seem to like that, first page is correct orientation, every other page in the report however is flipped to portrait. Works for now.

Would be very nice to have it built in natively so work arounds aren't required.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac