Bug - Tools/currency/security history screen allows duplicate price history records (snapshots) for the same date

It appears that if you enter a record for the same date, that the older record (for the same date) remains in the database, but does not appear on the history screen. When you delete the record on the screen, the other record does not then appear (unless restart). If you select clear all, then restart MD, then just the 'orphan(s)' appear... So it looks like only 1 can be shown for the same date..

These appear to be 'orphans' / stranded whilst the newer duplicate exists..? Is this intended, or unintended?

My search of records that appear in moneydance.getRootAccount().getBook().getSyncer().getSyncedDocument().allItems() for "csnaps" and matching those against currency table > getSnapshots() shows that these duplicate do not appear in getSnapshots()... so perhaps this returns just one for the same date...

A second search looking for records that have duplicate currency/date finds the same records shown above as 'orphans'

This script attached is readonly and will highlight records in this 'orphan' / duplicate / stranded state.

I assume this is not intended...?
- Does the history screen need to be updated to prevent this? I.e. don't create a record for the same date (search for date and update that) - Do the validation routines need updating to also detect these 'orphans' / stranded duplicates..?

If it is intended, please advise?

I am incorporating the condition search and fix into toolbox thin_price_history, so info will be useful.. Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• hunt_duplicate_orphan_csnaps.py 45.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac