Unable to edit any reports

Kurt Kretvix

15 Jan, 2021 01:32 PM

I recently reinstalled my 2020 MD onto my new PC. All seemed to be working fine. When I tryed to use a report like transactions or transfers, I am unable to edit the report at all. Selecting the 'edit' button does not activate another screen to change parameters. Any suggestions? thanks Kurt

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 15 Jan, 2021 03:04 PM

Hi Kurt,

One possible explanation is that the 'Edit' window is rendering off-screen.

This phenomenon is sometimes caused by using Moneydance with a second monitor connected and subsequently removing it.

You have several options to try to resolve the matter.

A) Reconnect the second monitor, (if applicable) open the report's 'Edit' window which likely displays on the second monitor and move it back to the main display.

B) Attempt to open the report's 'Edit' window. At this point, use key-combo ALT-SPACEBAR. (a small context menu may appear at the edge of your monitor) Tap the letter M on your keyboard to activate the 'Move' command. Use the appropriate ARROW key on your keyboard (likely the LEFT ARROW key) to hopefully move the window back on-screen.

C) Install Stuart B's free, Toolbox extension for Moneydance.
    https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/
    Read the extension's 'Help' document to run the extension in Advanced mode so as to Reset the Window locations.

D) With Moneydance closed, rename the config.dict file to config.dict.old. You can locate config.dict in C:\Users\yourwindowslogon\.moneydance. Restart Moneydance. Moneydance will recreate a new config.dict file. You'll need to re-enter your license key (so have that handy). You'll also need to reapply any preferences that you may have set.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Jan, 2021 03:10 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

(NOTE: You need to be on MD 2021 at least build 2021 - ideally build 3034 for the Toolbox extension to work....)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac