iCoud Sync - Moneydance quits unexpectedly

Mark Zeppel

12 Oct, 2021 12:20 AM

I have just installed the new version of Moneydance. After installing the program I attempted to change syncing from Dropbox to iCloud. When I did this, the program quit unexpectedly and continues to do so each time I reopen it. I have given Moneydance full disk access.
An error report file is attached.

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Nov, 2021 09:19 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Question. Is your data volume on a different disk / volume to your startup volume?

2. 62 Posted by Jeff on 01 Nov, 2021 09:20 PM

Yes - iCloud Drive is enabled and it shows Moneydance is storing documents in iCloud.

When I execute the command, finder does open. I am able to create files in sync directory. There is a folder in there. I moved one level up (xxx/Documents/) and was still able to create files.

I have read and write privileges as user on Sync folder, group and Everyone have Read Only.

3. 63 Posted by mysoftware on 01 Nov, 2021 09:25 PM

Yes. My data volume is on a different disk than start up. Moneydance has full disk access.

4. 64 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Nov, 2021 09:27 PM

I have a sneaky feeling this may be the issue…. It shouldn’t matter…. I’ve asked the developer.

5. 65 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Nov, 2021 09:44 PM

Which volume is this on?

/var/folders/zy/lcmfwbm126sbqkphfwzkdn380000gn/T/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/md_icloud_10535505513524797714

The same as your data volume or the Os volume?

6. 66 Posted by mysoftware on 01 Nov, 2021 09:49 PM

It is on the start up volume

7. 67 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 07 Nov, 2021 05:42 PM

FYI - Sean (the developer) is changing the code to cope with this situation.. I would (hopefully) expect a fix in an upcoming preview 🤞

8. 68 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Nov, 2021 09:32 AM

This issue (sync crashes when iCloud is on different volume to Mac startup volume) should be fixed in 2022.3(4061). Can you check and report back?
    https://infinitekind.com/preview

9. 69 Posted by Jeff on 16 Nov, 2021 02:47 AM

I loaded 4061 and so far it looks great. I opened the file with original settings several times without incident. I then changed it over to iCloud sync and it worked great.

I then entered some new transactions on the source and remote copies and all transactions sync'd as expected. Stable so far.

10. Maddy closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2021 11:18 AM.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Untitled.rtf 146 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac