Apple Store Update - When

d.hey1@btinternet.com

17 Oct, 2021 05:36 PM

Given it has been over a year since the Apple Store version was updated, when is the next update due?

I frequently use Foresight Forecast, and I'm told by the developer that this has been incorporated in to the main system.

So would be interested when the next update is due

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 17 Oct, 2021 08:44 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Apple have rejected the last updates that were provide to them for some reason. So The Infinite Kind are having trouble with Apple's approval process.

I would suggest you switch to buying the product directly from the company, the reason I would do this include:

- Not dependent on Apple's "approval"
    - A superior upgrade policy
    - Able to get intermediate fix updates
    - More timely access to software
    - Not subject to limitation on functionality imposed by Apple.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 17 Oct, 2021 09:46 PM

Hello,

The above post is correct in that our updates are being rejected by the App Store. We're hopeful to release the 2022 version soon, but I really can't speculate when that will be, since a lot of that is out of our hands. We've recently submitted yet another change, so there's always a chance this time it will work. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but it would be just a guess.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by d.hey1@btintern... on 18 Oct, 2021 08:35 AM

Ethan

Thanks for the update.

If I were to buy direct from you, how easy is it for the files/accounts I currently have to be read/imported to the new version?

David Hey
    [email blocked]

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 18 Oct, 2021 08:45 AM

I'm a fellow user.

No matter where you purchase Moneydance from the data file format is the same within a version.

The last major change in data formats was when Moneydance 2015 was introduced.

5. 5 Posted by d.hey1@btintern... on 18 Oct, 2021 09:42 AM

This only partially answers the question. Does the version direct from Infinitekind pick up the existing file and directory structure, or are there some extra steps?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac