Investment Transactions Report does not work same after 2022 (4060)

Sandy M

08 Nov, 2021 10:14 AM

I posted a tweet about this. I think the problem may be understood and in hand but this is a follow up.

After my update to 2022 (4060) my memorized dividend report did not work... no data found!

When I tried to recreate the report using the Investment Transactions template the report it created was completely unusable and was not selecting transactions with 'Dividend' in the description. I am attaching two screen shots.

The report in error is giving two lines for each dividend transaction AND they are negative! I notice my screen shot is a transactions report as I was trying all sorts of ways to get my report, but the result in investment transactions report was similarly useless.

I have reinstalled the 4056 version and I can now get the correct report. I need this format for a simple copy and past into a spreadsheet.

I will not be moving to 4060 or later until I am sure I can get the same output.

Thanks for the @Moneydance reply in twitter.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 15 Nov, 2021 09:38 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

This issue should be fixed in 2022.3(4061). Can you check and report back?
    https://infinitekind.com/preview

2. 2 Posted by Andy T on 16 Nov, 2021 02:07 PM

I have this same issue as Sandy M. I’d used the cheque no. field to enter the word Div. and report based on that. The issue still occurs on version 4061. I have found that if you specify a single investment account for the report it will work, but if you have it applied to all accounts it does not.

3. 3 Posted by Sandy M on 19 Nov, 2021 11:22 AM

Hi, Sorry about delay, been a bad week, but I have tested 2022.3 (4061), and while the results are different I am not able to report my 'Dividend' description transactions.

Now it says no transactions to report when I try to recreate my dividend report. Screen shot attached. There should be dozens of transactions with that description.

The basic Investment Transactions report is reporting very few of the many transactions, looked like just withdrawal transactions, sorry no screen shot taken.

I have returned to build 4056.

4. 4 Posted by Sandy M on 19 Nov, 2021 11:40 AM

Because it may have been lost in my original post, I am attaching the investment transaction report that expect to receive and can do so in build 4056

5. 5 Posted by Andy T on 06 Dec, 2021 11:00 AM

I can confirm that pre-release version 4063 has NOT solved this issue, in fact it has made it worse. My original work around of specifying a single investment account for the report now no longer works.

6. 6 Posted by Sandy M on 06 Dec, 2021 11:58 AM

Thanks Andy T. I have not tried this pre-release (4063), but based on your report I think I will leave any attempts for now. My dividend report, and I need it to work over several accounts, is too important to move forward. Sticking with 4056.

7. 7 Posted by Henry Sully on 18 Dec, 2021 04:55 PM

I am also having garbage with the investment transaction report in build 4060. How can I get a copy of build 4056 to try a reinstall? I am not clear on how to get a specific build version. Thanks.

8. 8 Posted by jeff_l on 18 Dec, 2021 05:30 PM

You can find previous versions of the program at url below.

https://infinitekind.com/stabledl/

fellow user

9. 9 Posted by Henry Sully on 18 Dec, 2021 11:45 PM

Thank you very much, Jeff. It looks like that did restore a sane investment transaction report.

10. 10 Posted by dwg on 19 Dec, 2021 12:10 AM

I'm a fellow user.

On somewhat of a tangent I do not understand why you are using a transaction report for Dividends.

Dividends are an income items so I would be looking to have each Dividend received categorized as a Dividend (or a type thereof if relevant) and then use either the Income and Expense report or Income and Expense Detailed report to get a specific report on Dividends received depending if you just want totals or details

11. 11 Posted by Sandy M on 21 Dec, 2021 02:06 PM

Hi dwg,

I appreciate what you are saying but the those reports do not give the format I require. I have to use 'Description' because I cannot report on 'Div' in actions. Investment Transaction Report has only ever been my way of getting the report in the format (as above) I require to copy and paste into my spreadsheet.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac