Credit Card and Ameritrade downloads not working

davier12

17 Nov, 2021 05:25 PM

I am creating a new dataset to reduce the file size, my current one is 133mb and very unwieldy. I noticed when I tried to active online banking for Chase Bank credit card and Ameritrade the transactions do not download, yet on the original dataset they do. I am not using Moneydance+ because of limited functionality. Has there been a change to the software, I am running 2022.1 on Macbook.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 17 Nov, 2021 06:27 PM

just a user

Which version of 2022.1? 4056 thru 4058 had some bad OFX bugs including setting up OFX downloads.

I'd recommend getting the current release - 2022.2(4060) and try again. (You do NOT have to use Moneydance+ - but this may fix your OFX problems.

2. 2 Posted by davier12 on 18 Nov, 2021 01:53 AM

Thanks for the tip. I upgraded and Ameritrade worked, but Chase still does not work.

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 18 Nov, 2021 03:08 AM

Given you tried to set up OFX on one of 4056/4058, the bug MAY have made the Chase profile unusable. You could try disabling Chase, then resetting it up.

You may need Stuart's Toolbox extension to blow away Chase entirely and set it up again with a non-buggy OFX profile.

4. 4 Posted by davier12 on 19 Nov, 2021 03:39 PM

As a continuation to this issue. The upgrade to 2022(4060) appears to have corrected the Ameritrade problem. However, the Chase problem is still an issue. When I try to activate online banking using OFX I receive the error code 2000 with instructions to contact the bank website, which I did. Working with technical support we were unable to resolve the problem as this is not a Quicken product. The other part of this problem is I have my original dataset which works fine, its the new one that does not work. Also there is no ability to disable online banking and start over with the 2022 version.

5. 5 Posted by davier12 on 19 Nov, 2021 03:57 PM

Another continuation, I just created a totally new dataset with only the Chase credit card. When I tried to activate online banking I got the same error 2000. Tells me it's in the Moneydance software. Hopefully someone from Moneydance technicl support will pick this up and resear
    ch for resolution.

6. 6 Posted by davier12 on 26 Nov, 2021 01:37 PM

Is anyone in technical support looking at this issue?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 26 Nov, 2021 01:53 PM

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Secondly, we would recommend upgrading to the latest preview version. Moneydance 2022.3 (4062) is now available to download from this page.

Lastly, if Moneydance is returning the error 2000, this likely means that you might need to re-enable direct connect.
    From Chase's website:

Click on the head and shoulders in the top right.

Choose "Profile & settings"

Select "AccountSafe" (with SM in superscript after AccountSafe)

Then Click "Desktop Software"

Choose and account

When you verify your identity (after enabling desktop software) in Chase's secured messages, you should receive the next prompt to continue the verification process.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by davier12 on 26 Nov, 2021 02:35 PM

Maddy
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried to follow your instructions, but I get none of the steps after profile. There is no Accountsafe. Idid do these steps with Chase technical support and never got the issue resolved. Tech Support did verify the account was conditioned for direct access.

Dave

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Maddy on 26 Nov, 2021 03:05 PM

My apologies I sent you the older steps in error.
    To clarify, Chase allow you to enable Direct Connect on their website, and I have provided the steps below:
    - Log on to the Chase website. Under the “Security & privacy” settings
    at the bottom under “Resources”, you should see Desktop software:
    After clicking on "Learn More", click “next” at the bottom of the box to enable Desktop software.

Chase then will send you an email prompt and you would need to sign in to a different website (chase.com/SecureMessages https://www.chase.com/digital/login-secure-message ) to get the secure message to activate it.

Also, are you using Safari as a browser, perhaps?
    It has been reported that switching to Chrome will enable you to complete the verification process.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

10. 10 Posted by davier12 on 26 Nov, 2021 04:55 PM

Having problems with my dataset soI’ll try Monday. Thanksfor your help.

Dave

11. System closed this discussion on 25 Feb, 2022 05:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac