Budget Software is Corrupting Entered Values

wisemanja

22 Nov, 2021 08:52 PM

When I enter exact values into the monthly budget categories, MoneyDance keeps changing them. In the first attached file I show a monthly budget value of $50.00 being entered into the budget. As soon as I change to a different view (e.g., open the summary page), when I return to the budget and look at the value that I had entered, it has CHANGED! I typically see a drop of anything from $0.02 to $0.30. This makes the budgeting and reports in MD totally unreliable.

I have several monthly budget values that are precise to the penny (e.g., monthly cable bills). At the end of the month, these should all show up as solid yellow indicators. However, since the error added when MD corrupts my entries is always downwards, I have RED indicators showing up all over when in fact I have not exceeded my budget at all.

When copying budgeted values from one month to the next, the error can increase even further.

Also, these corrupted budget values are copied over when using the extensions for Money Pie and Forsight (both with the Forsight extension and now the built-in to MD).

MacOS 11.6.1 (Big Sur)
MoneyDance 2022.2 (4060)

Also on MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) with an earlier version of MD (I forget which)

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 22 Nov, 2021 09:23 PM

just a user,

I think MD is prorating the budget by the number of days in the month. If you use the old style mixed interval budget you can set parameters to not prorate.

2. 2 Posted by chris on 25 Nov, 2021 07:33 PM

I think just a user is correct.

Just another user :-)

3. System closed this discussion on 24 Feb, 2022 07:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac