Current Update to Moneydance broken reporting

Aaron Putman

27 Nov, 2021 02:13 PM

Your current update broke my transaction filter reports. I now have a report showing "Nothing to Report" when selecting variables that I should be reporting something. For example I run a report every month on tags on one of my accounts. The variables never change and I run the same report every time. It no longer works. Also the report is adding a line in the notes that says USD. I haven't specified this in any of my accounts, everything I do is in CAD. Please fix this as I use these Transaction Filter reports for everything I do.

1. 1 Posted by davet65 on 27 Nov, 2021 02:59 PM

YES!

I had set up Transaction Filter reports to keep track of IRA Distributions. I - somehow in the past?? - selected multiple accounts to be in the report, filtered for "Distribution" in the Memo line and sorted by Account. I now can't see how to select multiple Accounts, and if I uncheck Accounts then MD apparently reports on an old account list - not all, not none, but what looks like my old list except I recently changed a couple of accounts.

Why can't I select multiple accounts, as I apparently did when I set this up years ago - but now need to update? And I could use a Transfers report, but it doesn't let me filter by Memo, and Investment Account transactions don't let me add a Tag for "Distribution"!!

And separate from the above, if I select the Memorized Report from the Memorized Graphs and Reports list on the Summary Page as opposed to selecting it from the Sidebar list, there is no Edit button on the report?!

Something has completely confounded the Reports in MD, and needs to be fixed, please.

2. 2 Posted by davet65 on 27 Nov, 2021 03:21 PM

Subtotal Transaction Filter by Category, instead of Account, has given me what I need, so the urgency is gone for me. But there are now problems with the Reports that should be fixed.

3. 3 Posted by davet65 on 27 Nov, 2021 03:48 PM

More data for MD Support:

Went back to 2020.1 1929 - Report was correct [as per my setup]; "Summary" showed up in Account field with no checkbox checked [???]

Went to 2021.2 3095 - same as above

Went to 2022.3 4061 - report wrong; new account showed up in report that wasn't there before and one that was there disappeared; one transaction that was - changed to +; "Summary" no longer in account box, but another account was, not checked.

Current 2022.3 4062 - same as 4061

So something happened to reporting between 2021.2 and 2022.3

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Sean Reilly on 30 Nov, 2021 08:40 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on this part of Moneydance now and will have some improvements into the next update.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

5. 5 Posted by davet65 on 30 Nov, 2021 02:52 PM

Thanks, Sean.

6. 6 Posted by Angie Leprohon on 06 Feb, 2022 06:35 PM

I am having several problems with the transaction filter report since I upgraded to the las test version. It doesn’t include all the checks that it should. The check numbers are not included in the report. When will this be fixed? This problem was reported 3 months ago!

7. 7 Posted by Jon on 20 Apr, 2022 04:24 PM

Reading through https://infinitekind.com/previewdl/current/changelog.txt it looks as though some of this has been addressed, but when filtering by Tag with the latest version (2022.3 build 4072) many reports are still "broken".

The Transaction Filter report for example, is picking up some tagged transactions, but not others. This was very disconcerting when running tax preparation reports. Same reports functioned properly in previous versions...

Just checking to be sure this is in fact a known issue?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac