New Computer

Amy Coumounduros

28 Nov, 2021 07:50 PM

Hello, I use moneydance 2017 and I just got a new computer. How best to carry my moneydance file to my new computer?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 28 Nov, 2021 07:59 PM

I'm a fellow user.

There is an article in the Knowledge Base that covers moving to a new computer:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/file-locations-and-changes/moving-to-a-new-computer

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 28 Nov, 2021 10:44 PM

Hello,

The only thing I would add to those instructions is that depending on the operating system on your new computer, it's possible that a version of Moneydance that old won't function properly, especially if you're using a newer Mac. There's no harm in trying to install that older version though. If that ends up being the case, you'd probably need to purchase an upgrade to the current release. You can also let us know which operating system you are moving to if you are having issues.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 28 Nov, 2021 10:48 PM

Ethan,

What about adding a note to the article about an upgrade may be needed depending on the version of Moneydance being used and the operating system and version?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 28 Nov, 2021 11:55 PM

Done! Just under the first screenshot:

In general, you should install the same version of Moneydance you are using on your new system, even if you are planning to upgrade to a newer version later.
    The only exception would be if your new computer is unable to run a much older version of the program, which unfortunately happens often for Apple's operating systems. There's no harm in trying an older version to see if it will run. If it doesn't work, see the section at the end of this article about purchasing a discounted upgrade.

It may still be good to mention that to people directly in replies, especially if we know they're using an older version already.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 28 Feb, 2022 12:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 May, 2022 10:34 AM
27 May, 2022 10:29 AM
27 May, 2022 06:55 AM