MD put all of my credit cards as Banks - HELP

lists5040

16 Dec, 2021 05:34 PM

I am returning to MD after using Banktivity for 2 years. I have spend around 20 to 25 hours trying to bring all of my accounts up to date. (I have 10 active credit card accounts, plus a couple of inactive ones, 3 bank accounts and 5 investment accounts. I finally got all of my accounts accurate and up to date the day before yesterday. Everything was good. Yesterday, I opened MD, and found that MD listed all of my credit cards in the bank category and in each one were transactions that were all of the bank payments to that account for 2021. The credit card accounts were also listed under credit cards, which included most of the transactions. In some cases the payments were missing from the accounts and in other cases the payments (the same as were listed under accounts) were there. However, the balances in all of the credit card accounts are inaccurate, so it looks as though I have wasted all of my time trying to bring them up to date.

How could this have happened? I didn't do anything to cause the credit card accounts to be listed as bank accounts. Is MD this unstable or is this a bug?????? PLEASE HELP!!!

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Dec, 2021 05:43 PM

I've seen this happen once (to me)... I don't know why..

If the balances are OK then Toolbox extension, advanced mode, Accounts menu. You can force change account type..

BACKUP FIRST

2. 2 Posted by lists5040 on 16 Dec, 2021 06:33 PM

The balances are not okay - they are way off. Some of the payments in the actual credit card accounts have been removed (making the balance much higher than it is) and some are still there; there seems to be no pattern. I can't change the account type, as I still have the credit card accounts with all of their transactions, minus some of the payments to the bank. Plus, all of the investment accounts are way off - CD's that have been closed now have balances; some of our Fidelity accounts have negative balances.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Dec, 2021 07:19 PM

I would restore backup

4. 4 Posted by lists5040 on 16 Dec, 2021 08:32 PM

But if this sort of thing happens regularly, I'm not sure that using MD is that useful.

5. System closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2022 08:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac