Category Sorting

Dave Luce

19 Dec, 2021 10:15 PM

I downloaded version 2022.2 (4060) after having a previous version. In this version I go into a credit card account and select uncleared at the top in order to focus in on transactions that I have not cleared into the account. I press the Category heading and in the previous version I would see the uncleared categories sort alphabetically which was nice. In this version it appears that when you select Category it sorts on date. All other columns sort as they should. Is there a setting that I may have hit to force a Category sort to use date?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 19 Dec, 2021 10:22 PM

I'm a fellow user.

It seems to be doing the same on the latest preview build i.e. 4063. It look like you may have found a bug.

2. 2 Posted by RS on 26 Jan, 2022 11:53 PM

I am not able to sort by category which is very frustrating. When I try the sort is by date.

3. 3 Posted by mjtbiz on 05 Mar, 2022 03:23 PM

Good to know that I am not the only one having this issue. MD, please fix.

4. 4 Posted by Victoria Philli... on 04 Apr, 2022 03:50 PM

Yup, me too. Only just downloaded 2022.2 4060, and this obviously isn't fixed. I (used to!) use sort by category a lot, so very frustrating!

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 04 Apr, 2022 04:49 PM

the account/category popup/sort has been fixed in alpha 4069... so you should be able to use whenever that gets officially released...

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 20 Apr, 2022 09:18 AM

@All,

Upgrading to the latest preview version should hopefully fix the problem for you.

Moneydance 2022.3 (4072) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac