Help > Show Documents Folder opens wrong folder

bob.clarke

19 Dec, 2021 11:16 PM

Hi,
The "Help > Show Documents Folder" command always opens the DEFAULT location of the documents folder, and not its actual location.
The "Help > Show Backup Folder" command, however, correctly opens the backup folder, even if it is not in the default location
I'm using Version 2022.2 (4060), but the problem also existed in my previous version.
Am I doing something daft, or is this a bug?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 20 Dec, 2021 12:02 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Two very different folders in the way they work.

With the backup folder there is the default location, then in preferences you can set a specific backup folder, hence Moneydance will show the folder you have specified if set or the default folder if none is set..

With data sets there is no ability to set a specific documents folder, so there is no pointer it can pick up. The location of the currently used data set is not guaranteed to be where all data sets are located, you could have "X" data sets in "Y" locations so the Moneydance default location is the best it can do with the information that the software has.

The best I think that could be done is to either have an option to show the Current Document Folder, or an option to set a user specified default document folder. These would have to be taken as suggestions for a future version.

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Dec, 2021 06:27 AM

Try toolbox extension. In toolbox, top right on menu bar, button, open xxx folder.

3. System closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2022 06:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac