Stuck in endless sequence of error dialogs

jerrymr

22 Dec, 2021 03:38 AM

MD 2022.2 build 4060
Account connected to Moneydance+
Windows 10.

I tried to send an online payment but the date was too early. I got an error dialog, attached. I click ok, and it puts me back in the Online Payment dialog, but the dialog contents is entirely blank, attached. I close it by hitting the X. The error dialog appears again. I cannot get out of the cycle without using Task Manager to kill Moneydance.

1. 1 Posted by rsworden on 17 Feb, 2022 05:49 AM

I encountered this same problem on 2022.2 (4060) but on MacOS 10.15.7. As the OP said, this is an endless loop which can only be exited by using Force Quit. In previous versions, after reading the error message about the date, one could return to the Send Online Payment dialog and try another date.

Please correct this as soon as possible. I kind of know which payees are electronic (2 days lead time) and which are sent checks, but this error will cause me to have to schedule them a couple days further out than I know is necessary.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 21 Feb, 2022 03:05 PM

@all

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Unfortunately Moneydance + doesn't support the Bill Pay feature at the moment, we will post on our blog when and if this feature will be added in the future.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by davidsclove on 27 Feb, 2022 08:11 PM

I am also getting this error. It has nothing to do with Moneydance+. It's a problem with the regular Moneydance online bill payment.

4. 4 Posted by davidsclove on 27 Feb, 2022 08:17 PM

Additional info - the only way to get around this is to quit Moneydance and restart

5. 5 Posted by davidsclove on 01 Mar, 2022 04:22 AM

Also, this problem started occurring when I upgraded to version 2022.3 (4063).

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maddy on 01 Mar, 2022 04:15 PM

I believe PNC might be making some changes at their end.
    Generally, Moneydance supports connections with your bank using Direct Connect. However, not all banks that support Direct Connect will also support Bill Pay using this connection method. You may receive an error message if you attempt to set this up with an institution that doesn't allow it, as outlined here.

Could you try contacting your bank to find out whether they still support Bill Payment?

Thank you

--

7. 7 Posted by davidsclove on 01 Mar, 2022 04:24 PM

Please read the post carefully. As it says, the problem only occurs when the date entered is too early. Otherwise, online bill pay works fine. When a too early date is entered the program freezes, and the only solutions is to quit Moneydance and restart it. This has nothing to do with the bank. Also, it has only started happening since I upgraded to version 2022.3 (4063).

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 1, 2022, at 11:16 AM, Maddy <[email blocked]> wrote:

8. 8 Posted by davidsclove on 03 Mar, 2022 02:39 PM

Please read the post carefully. As it says, the problem only occurs when the date entered is too early. Otherwise, online bill pay works fine. When a too early date is entered the program freezes, and the only solutions is to quit Moneydance and restart it. This has nothing to do with the bank. Also, it has only started happening since I upgraded to version 2022.3 (4063).

9. 9 Posted by davidsclove on 03 Mar, 2022 02:41 PM

Also, it is a Moneydance issue, not a Moneydance+ issue. I’m not using Moneydance+.

10. 10 Posted by davidsclove on 16 Mar, 2022 07:16 PM

I’ve opened a new discussion about this on March 11th. No response.

Please act on this. Here’s the issue:

MoneyDance online bill pay freezes if too early date is entered.The problem only occurs when the date entered is too early. Otherwise, online bill pay works fine. When a too early date is entered the program freezes, and the only solutions is to quit Moneydance and restart it. This has nothing to do with the bank, and I am not using MoneyDance+. Also, it has only started happening since I upgraded to version 2022.3 (4063).

1 <https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/78457-moneydance-online-bill-pay-freezes-if-too-early-date-is-entered#comment_50702802> Posted by davidsclove <https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/users/2845343> on Mar 16, 2022 @ 03:11 PM

Why hasn't anyone from MoneyDance done anything with this problem?I have received no response.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Maddy on 17 Mar, 2022 09:04 AM

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query, David!

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?
    Moneydance 2022.3 (4068) is now available to download from this page.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--

12. System closed this discussion on 16 Jun, 2022 09:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac