Quotes and Exchange rates update not working

Steve Knerr

29 Dec, 2021 10:57 PM

I've been trying to get the prices updated using the Quotes and Exchange Rates extension for several days now. I keeps giving me errors on every stock. An example says "Unable to get rate from <security name here> to USD"

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Dec, 2021 12:22 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It sounds like you are using AlphaVantage as your quote source.

There has been an upturn in the reported problems with Alphavantage. With the Q & ER extension I can only suggest you try using Yahoo (assuming you have the latest version of the extension installed) as the source.

Otherwise I suggest you look at the Quote Loader Extension see:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_49363660

2. 2 Posted by gmwhite59 on 31 Dec, 2021 05:40 PM

I'm also a fellow user

If you are using Alphavantage I've identified the cause of the quotes no longer being available.

The "Quotes and Exchange Rates" extension is requesting the TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED prices and unfortunately Alphavantage have just made this "Premium" so they are no longer free, so much for their "always be free" service.

If the IK team can update the extension to request the "TIME_SERIES_DAILY" prices it would work again, they are still free.

I've been able to switch to using the Yahoo Fnance - USA with a slight tweak of the ticker symbol to match their format.

I've not tried the Quote Loader yet as it seems complex to setup.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 31 Dec, 2021 05:54 PM

QL really is a doddle. It looks complex but you can set it up in minutes.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 31 Dec, 2021 09:45 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi gmwhite59

In fact, Quote Loader is very easy to set up as many users have found provided you look at the videos and take a look at the PDF.

For information on the features of this extension and how to use see post 200 at
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the...

Download the PDF’s attached to post 200 and have a read.

To get an overview take a look at the YouTube videos by using the links on page 1 and 2 of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

5. System closed this discussion on 01 Apr, 2022 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac