Backup no help.

Richard Coleman

29 Dec, 2021 11:34 PM

I have lost all of the transactions I made, in all my accounts since 1/26/2021. All the balances end on that date in each Bank, Investment, and Asset account. When I tried to Back-up, those files were corrupted also. On the Summary Page under Reminders, it shows all reminders from February as OVERDUE, even though I did transact all of them.
      Do know how I might be able to salvage any of my data, ie change OVERDUE to Completed?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Dec, 2021 12:30 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Data ending on a certain date I would not consider to be symptom of corruption, it is much too neat, more likely in my view to be a sign of an older data set.

Are you sure you have not opened an older Moneydance data set. Look for folders with an extension of .moneydance on your system to see if there are any other Moneydance files present.

If you are asking if you can bulk commit reminders to the registers the answer is you cannot.

2. 2 Posted by RC Coleman on 30 Dec, 2021 01:47 AM

Hey dwg you hit the nail on the head. I was so use to just clicking the app and getting my data, I forgot all about different files that I had in the past. When I opened app, it went to what I expected, but some how I inadvertently opened an old file while I was inputting data.
    With your suggestion, I noticed right away the name at the top was different and went to FILE, OPEN and opened my current one, and presto, I am back in business.
    I did not expect to get any help, and definitely not this fast, so thank you very much for saving me an agonizing night in bed!
    And I guess that is why my back-up files were no use because I was looking at old back-ups.
    I need to clean my computer!

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 30 Dec, 2021 02:02 AM

Copy the files you intend to delete to a different folder and leave them there while you check to make sure everything still works only then deleting them.

4. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2022 02:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac