Quotes & Exchange Rates

Quotes & Exchange rates

06 Jan, 2022 08:24 AM

Share price quotes not working since the 17th December.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Jan, 2022 08:49 AM

I'm a fellow user

If you are using the Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension with Alphavantage as the source there have been problems reported in downloading security prices.

The Quotes and Exchange Rates Extension requests the TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED price series.

Unfortunately Alphavantage have made this a "Premium" service so this is no longer freely available.

A couple of solutions exist.

1. Within the Quotes and Exchange rates Extension you can switch to using the Yahoo Finance - USA download source, you may need to adjust the ticker symbol to match their format.

2. You can download and use the Quote Loader extension. This is still installed using the Manage Extensions option in Moneydance. You can find a pointer to the documentation on the use of this extension in post 200 of the thread:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4914-the-new-quote-loader#comment_49363660

2. 2 Posted by John Rose on 06 Jan, 2022 11:40 AM

Dwg,

Thank you for this information.

I changed the service to Yahoo and it worked perfectly for me.

However, I seem to remember a few years ago where users were required to change from Yahoo to Alphavantage for similar reasons.

Regardless, I am happy now and thanks again for your help.

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2022 12:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac