Mac OS upgrade issue

Cathy Albright

10 Jan, 2022 02:28 AM

I updated my Mac OS to Monterey 12.1 and now everything in your program looks like it is written in the Cyrillic alphabet. No other program is having this issue. I can't use the program until this is fixed. Please help. I really like this program for finances. I have tried a few others and don't like them at all.
Thank you in advance,
Cat

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 10 Jan, 2022 02:42 AM

just a user here

The issue (often with the Mac) is that Apple doesn't really care if they break older versions of programs. In this case they removed some fonts from their font list.

What version of MD are you using?

Not knowing, assuming you purchased direct from MD/IK, you may be able to upgrade for a discount (see www.moneydance.com/purchase and enter your license code to see what your situation is).

Report back. Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 10 Jan, 2022 03:08 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Apple removed the Times font on Monterrey hence the visual problem you are seeing.

A replacement Times Font is available from:

https://www.freebestfonts.com/timr45w-font#google_vignette

The screen shot does not tell us what version of Moneydance you are running, but we do know the only version of Moneydance that has been qualified on Monterey is Moneydance 2022, without qualification efforts it is unknown what other problems you may encounter with older versions of Moneydance on Monterey.

As dtd said Apple and support for older versions of applications do not go together, we have repeatedly seen Apple break Moneydance, necessitating version updates.

I can only suggest that before doing an OS upgrade to check the compatibility of existing application versions.

3. 3 Posted by Cat Albright on 10 Jan, 2022 06:33 AM

Thank you. I ended up going to the website and purchasing the latest version of the program from you. It was worth it to me. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will continue using Moneydance. Best program out there for finances.

4. System closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2022 06:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac