Moneydance+ can't connect to MyAccountAccess (aka Elan Card Member Service)

Ben McCann

11 Jan, 2022 12:36 PM

I'm trying to add my Fidelity Visa card, which is serviced by Elan Card Member Service, to Moneydance+. Plaid accepts my user name and password, and then presents one of my challenge questions, which I answer, and then the connection fails with "Something went wrong". Based on the URL, this error was detected by InfiniteKind:

https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/tik/plaid_link?mdplus-t=eyJ0eXAiOiJ...

and it appears InfiniteKind got the error from Plaid.

www.myaccountaccess.com is online and I can successfully log into it so the bank's authentication services are up and my credentials are valid. So, it doesn't appear to be an error on the bank's end. How do I proceed?

1. 1 Posted by Ben McCann on 25 Jan, 2022 08:56 PM

For the last couple weeks MD+ reported that connections from Plaid to Elan (my Visa servicer) weren't working. OK, I figured you were working on this issue.

Today, MD+ was able to attempt a connection from my laptop to Plaid to Elan. It still doesn't work. The user name and password exchange appears to succeed because Elan (through Plaid) sends one of the challenge questions I have on my account. I answer, and then the Plaid web site 'thinks' for a couple minutes and then reports an error.

In other words, it's working just like I reported when I first submitted this issue.

Seems like there's a communication timeout between Plaid and Elan when Plaid submits my challenge response,

2. 2 Posted by Ben McCann on 02 Feb, 2022 10:52 AM

Same behavior today.

Is anyone looking into this? I haven't heard anything from the support team.

3. System closed this discussion on 04 May, 2022 11:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac