Moneydance — Merge function has disappeared

Linda O

12 Jan, 2022 05:53 PM

MoneyDance 2022.3 (4063)
The "merge" function has disappeared. This merged downloaded bank transactions with those already logged in my register. It was available to the right of the register when clicking on the downloaded transaction and listed the logged transaction along with the downloaded transaction.

That function is no longer available. The only option is to "confirm", which then creates a duplicated transaction. I then had to delete one of the duplicates. I don't see the merge function anywhere else.

TIA for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jan, 2022 09:58 PM

Hello,

We have not removed the merge function. A few things to check:

In your preferences window, go to the network tab, and make sure that the date range for matched transactions is large enough to encompass your typical merging range. For most people only a few days is enough, but you may want to increase this based on how far apart your downloaded versus existing transactions are.

Is the transaction you want to merge with already confirmed? In general, one of these transactions would need to be confirmed to suggest a match.

If neither of those help, could you attach a screenshot that shows both the recently downloaded transaction with its suggestions, and the transaction you want to merge it with? We may be able to see a missing factor that is preventing merge from being suggested.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2022 10:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2022 08:42 PM
23 May, 2022 07:41 PM
23 May, 2022 07:40 PM