Budget bar lacks Financial Year (FY) data display

roneydxb

17 Jan, 2022 07:00 PM

Hello.
The BUDGET BARs displayed on the summary page lacks:

- Option to display data for the financial year FY. Please could you add this
- Please also total the values up and provide a total

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 17 Jan, 2022 11:06 PM

just a user - you might consider checking out the extension "Custom Balances"

It's different, and NOT a "budget bar" (i.e. you won't get warnings about budget), but it is very flexible in setting up how to display data (financial year is in there), and you can create a total of what custom balances you create.

May be totally not what you want, but it might be worth a look.

2. 2 Posted by roneydxb on 18 Jan, 2022 04:18 PM

Thanks - didnt know something like this existed. Would be useful to have some sort of explanation with screenshots - so users can take a look before actually installing and trying. That "toolbox" I hear about is another one I hope to get into someday...

PS. I've subscribed to these posts and they reach me via email. But the ones I want most ( the ones that I create - like this one ), I never get them by email. I have to go looking for them. Not sure why... :-(

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 18 Jan, 2022 10:58 PM

The easiest thing would be for you to install the extension and play with it.
    It's read only, display only. There is also a help/about, but it's probably easier to 'press buttons' and see what happens. You can always remove it.

As to your posts - I think the premise is that if you sent it, then you don't need a copy. That's just a guess - it's whatever the forum software does. I tend to come to the forum itself (like now) to send messages vs. using email.

Here is a partial screen for Custom Balances to build the table that will end up in the summary screen (once you place it with preferences)

Hope that helps.

4. 4 Posted by roneydxb on 09 Mar, 2022 04:50 AM

Hello dtd.. this 'custom balances' extension takes time to understand its working.. but yeah.. works fine. Multi-currency too ! I must admit.. i still have to get into its fine detail.

One slight annoyance though -- on the summary page.. you cannot collapse that heading. Not sure who the developer is.. but will be good to have that feature. It takes a lot of screen space as well - but that is the space occupied by Moneydance. Would have been better if it were sort of smaller buttons with labels that can have several of them in one row even.. - with clicking the button taking you to the account or a report or something.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Mar, 2022 05:33 AM

The developer is me…. You can remove the summary page heading. In the setup menu, use the menu to disable the heading.

6. 6 Posted by dtd on 09 Mar, 2022 05:34 AM

Check out the options button.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac