Importing QIF with Hebrew characters

Michael

24 Feb, 2010 09:05 AM

When I import into MD a QIF file with Hebrew characters (downloaded from my bank), the Hebrew characters are displayed as gibberish.
This is clearly a UNICODE issue.
Any way to solve or workaround that?
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 02 Mar, 2010 03:41 PM

Michael,

I spoke to our developer, who advised that you should open the QIF file using a text editor, make sure the characters are correct, and then save the file using the UTF-8 encoding. Moneydance assumes that the QIF files includes text encoded as UTF8.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue, and we will look into other solutions.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Dmitri on 19 May, 2010 08:15 AM

Hi, I have the similar issue with Cyrillic symbols. I followed your advice and saved my downloaded file using the UTF-8 encoding. Still does not work well for my data importing needs. Numbers are or but when it comes to Cyrillics small squares substitute each and every of it. what can also be done / checked to solve it?

thanks

Dmitri

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 03 Jul, 2010 01:02 AM

Dmitri,

I apologize for the long delay in our response. If you are not using the most recent version (2010r3 build 751), please update to that version. You can download the update here. This update has resolved a few key issues our users have been experiencing. Please let me know if your issue persists and we will look into other solutions, and include your OS, the version of Moneydance you are running, and the version of Java you are running.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Mitja on 18 Jul, 2010 06:32 PM

I'm importing Eastern Europe characters from QIF file and there and non-ASCII characters are still not imported properly. QIF file is in UTF-8 format.
    Eastern Europe characters are imported as two ASCII characters instead of one UTF-8 charaster!

I'm using version 2010r3 build 751, Mac OSX 10.6.4 (and Java, that comes with OSX).
    Apparently there are still problems.

Regards,
    Mitja

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Jul, 2010 08:20 PM

Hi Mitja

Do you think you could email us an example of this QIF file. You can email me privately using [email blocked]

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

6. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 08:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM