Moneydance window position

drsfg

16 Apr, 2024 05:11 PM

The Moneydance window no longer remembers its position on the screen when you quit the program in the new V2024. It always opens dead center on the screen. Can this be fixed? It's a bit annoying.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by drsfg on 02 May, 2024 04:57 AM

Well, it didn’t solve the window issue for me. I use only one screen and it’s part of my MacBook Pro.

DrG

2. 32 Posted by dwg on 02 May, 2024 08:16 AM

Hence why I think there are two issues, but being position related there may be some relationship between what the software now does and what the result is for you.

The difficulty is that is only affects some users, making isolating the problem that bit harder.

3. 33 Posted by ryan on 02 May, 2024 01:01 PM

2024.1 didn't fix the issue for me. I decided to go back to 2023.3 and sit this out.

4. 34 Posted by Homer712 on 02 May, 2024 01:31 PM

So, possibly it's not as isolated after all. I too am back on 2023.3 until they get this window thing addressed as well as the "right-click" and "control-click" not working in the Side Bar as it did in previous versions. I'm sure they will, and I'm also pretty sure I'll end up upgrading.

5. 35 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 May, 2024 02:36 PM

Ok. So the developer has just found the bug/issue. He’s making a fix.

6. 36 Posted by Homer712 on 02 May, 2024 02:43 PM

Outstanding! Time for an upgrade.

7. 37 Posted by drsfg on 02 May, 2024 05:28 PM

I don’t think we really know how many users are affected. There may be users that don’t really care about the issue and are fine with the central location of the screen. They haven’t looked into the issue and reported a problem and Monerydance has not been made aware of them.

DrG

8. 38 Posted by drsfg on 02 May, 2024 05:36 PM

I hope you are correct. For me, it’s a minor annoyance. The program isn’t operating as one expects programs within the MacOS sphere to work, so the behavior is jarring. But you know, I deal with other programs and web sites that don’t work properly every day. And for me, the other aspects of the program that I use are stable, so, as I’ve said, it’s an annoyance.

DrG

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac