Auto-commit Reminders up to specified date

jmsmith.res

30 Sep, 2019 10:32 AM

Hi,

I really like MoneyDance, and less convoluted than other tools for personal / home finances.

I have a small suggestion by way of an improvement request. When I set up reminders I can set an auto-commit of a number of days. I use this to see what my predicted balances will be at my next pay day. I set it to 31 days so cover a full month. However, as I get to the end of the current month, I want to look a bit further ahead to the next month after the current one. I can fix that by extending the auto-commit date, but that just means more and more yellow / future lines to scroll through.

What would be really cool is if I could set an auto-commit date rather than a number of days. So, if my pay day is the 6th of the month, I'd like to be able to set the auto-commit to be anything that will land up to the next '6th of the month', or the next '6th of the month' plus one month.

Even even better, auto-commit anything up to the next '6th of the month' (or whatever day of the month I set) but after, say, the '20th of the month' start to show me the '6th of the month' plus one month.

Does that make sense? Doable?

Email me if it doesn't make any sense.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 30 Sep, 2019 01:18 PM

Hi jmsmith.res,

If you haven't done so already, take a look at the Money Foresight extension for Moneydance.
    (Moneydance menu bar > Extensions > Manage Extensions > Money Foresight).

It provides a table view as well as a graphical view of account balances based on Reminders. The graphical view can be positioned on the Summary Page. It has become a mainstay on mine.

The free version forecasts out to 1 month. The paid-for version unlocks that limit.

Here's a link to the Money Foresight webpage. Be sure to click the 'Features' link for info.
    http://moneyforesight.com/

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by jmsmith.res on 30 Sep, 2019 02:20 PM

Thanks for that - will take a look.

Jonathan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac