I'm feeling very small right now

sueadams101

09 Nov, 2019 11:38 PM

I'm still wondering how this happened. I switched to MoneyDance Feb of this yr 2019 from Quicken and had been with them for many years. I was just getting comfortable with learning the software and making the change. The older you get the harder it is and the longer learning takes. About 2 months ago I started getting emails that there was a new update coming out for 2020 with a total new revamp with it and if I prepaid I would get a big discount. I wasn't interested in "updating" at first due to just doing the switch 9 months earlier and NOT wanting to have to go through the experience of having to learn something new again, (I have to mention the age thing again LOL) But it was 14.99 to do so and went ahead and pre- ordered, figured there can't be that many changes to learn going from 2019 to 2020. I have spent the whole day working on downloading and converting data over and now the light bulb had just lit up!!! OMG I feel so STUPID, I have to repeat STUPID. This new software is NOT MoneyDance but Moneyspire which is not the same software. I remember doing a lot of research in the difference money software to choose from in deciding which one I was going with and remember reading about Moneyspire as one of the choices. I don't remember now why I choose MoneyDance over MoneySpire but have been happy with my decision. Now I need to know is there an easy way to export my data back to MoneyDance from Moneyspire? Every time I read instructions that say doing something is easy, I cringe because it never is. Going from Quicken to MoneyDance was not either!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 10 Nov, 2019 02:40 AM

I'm fellow user.

As you have not used MoneySpire for long I believe the easiest approach may be to just go back to your last usable Moneydance data set and just bring it up-to-date.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac