Custom theme

Tom Henderson

23 Feb, 2017 03:22 PM

Would it be possible to save your custom theme in MD2017 please?
Also, is there a map or a chart showing which areas or fields are affected by choosing a colour from the inappropriately named list as it stands at the moment? For instance, what, exactly is the hudBorderColor? I can change some of these colours, but do not see a corresponding colour change in my screen view.
Is it in Assets? Liabilities? Reminders? Who knows!

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Feb, 2017 05:56 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I couldn’t agree more. Customising the theme is a great feature but who can get the full benefit without good documentation?
    As far as hudBorderColor is concerned it’s the colour of the border that appears around a transaction in an account register when the ALT key in windows (Not sure which key it is for a Mac) is pressed. If the register is in single line mode the hidden second line appears, memo etc. Moving the mouse with the ALT pressed move the selection. The use of the ALT is another feature I could not find documented anywhere. How many more hidden goodies are their I wonder?

2. 2 Posted by Tom Henderson on 23 Feb, 2017 11:18 PM

There is a lot to be said for a really good, illustrated, user manual that explains every single part of what is essentially a fairly powerful and complex programme.

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 27 Feb, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Tom,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. There is an existing ticket in our system with your suggestion for simplifying the naming of these descriptions and the creation of a supporting document that fully explains what asset each colour option will alter. I believe these additions would suit your requirements so I'll attach the ticket to this discussion and you will be notified when these changes are implemented.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Tom Henderson on 27 Feb, 2017 11:22 AM

Thanks Ian :)

5. System closed this discussion on 29 May, 2017 11:30 AM.

6. Tom Henderson re-opened this discussion on 03 Sep, 2020 01:00 AM

7. 5 Posted by Tom Henderson on 03 Sep, 2020 01:00 AM

Hi Ian,
    I can see the new descriptions on the various fields. This is a useful addition.

Is it possible to save a theme? I know that as soon as I click something, it is going to change, and I won't be able to get it back again!

8. 6 Posted by dwg on 03 Sep, 2020 01:12 AM

Moneydance does save the theme but it only saves one version of the theme you cannot save multiple versions in Moneydance.

You could manually save a copy of the file custom_theme.properties which is where your theme settings are saved.

9. System closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2020 01:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac