Merge Option should be moved

jedley

12 Apr, 2018 12:02 AM

I see there have been prior discussions going back to 2010 on this issue. I have been using Moneydance since the 2011 version. I downloaded 2017 and I still see this "Merge Choices" bar and options way too close to the "confirm" button in the "Current Transaction" bar. Most times we are looking for. a similar payee for a different purchase at the same name store. Wanting to shift the category should be easy. However, you get use to moving from the "confirm" button just down to the "Similar Payees" Bar. Then all of a sudden a slew of Merge choices crowd that space and without realizing it you merge your very real and viable transaction into the ether of nothingness. The undo command won't save you and each time you hit it you are unwittingly unraveling things you can't even see. Please see my examples.

I love my Moneydance but this one issue is terribly irritating and time consuming to repair. Now I have to try and remember which transactions I deleted, (Let's face it, merge means delete...) and then search my bank statement and resurrect the missing charges. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE at least move the "Merge Choices" bar down below the "Similar Payees" bar if you can't put it somewhere else entirely. Heck, I will gladly pay another update fee if you can tell me it is changed in the next update. I think there are many of us that would feel and act the same way. it is really unbelievable you haven't changed it after all these years. You made it remember and properly assign most of our categories and I love you all for that. Please make our Moneydance flawless by fixing the Merge command too. At the very least allow us to undo it!

Thanks for listening and acting on this request.

1. 1 Posted by jedley on 12 Apr, 2018 12:05 AM

2. System closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2018 12:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac