Graphing.

BrettC

03 Jul, 2009 12:27 AM

I've just been looking at some competitors of yours : http://www.mthbuilt.com/

Check out their graphs. They are very cool; more importantly, they actually convey a lot of information in a very useful way. Any chance we'll see graphs like this? (I'm pretty sure they are using a Java library...)

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 03 Jul, 2009 01:32 PM

Hi Brett

I downloaded and installed My Money on you suggestion. Unfortunately the software wouldn't let me connection to my bank or import a qif file. As such I couldn't experiment the graphing feature of My Money.

Would you be willing make a more specific suggestion perhaps including a screen shot.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by BrettC on 06 Jul, 2009 01:06 AM

Hi Ben

I've attached a PNG screenshot of one example. It is kind of like a stacked bar graph that has been "smoothed" (or smeared, maybe). For me, it gives a good feel the distribution of my spending over time. (and yes, the product itself just does not seem finished).

Brett

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 25 Jul, 2009 06:49 PM

Hi Brett

We have plans to make an extensible python interface for the graph and reports section. This should make it quite a bit easier for us and 3rd parties to add graphs and reports to Moneydance. Thanks for the suggestion/example. I'll be sure to keep it in mind when we get to writing some new graphs.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac