Single Line View

Tom Kendall

16 Aug, 2019 03:15 PM

Would it be possible to add a new view option in the next update? In the account register there is an option between single line and two-line view. I would like the next update to include a column for the memo in the single line view. As it is now the Description and Memo are in one column but the memo is in view only when a transaction is selected. The new view settings would have the Description and Memo side by side so both will be in view in the single line mode.

Please note this is a new feature request and not a technical issue question.

Tom

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 16 Aug, 2019 11:24 PM

Hi Tom,

Just as an FYI...

When in single-line mode, if you tap the ALT key and just move your mouse cursor over the transactions in the register, you'll be able to see the memo field data.

As an added bonus, you'll also be able to view the various components of split transactions.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Aug, 2019 06:37 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Just to add if you downloaded/imported transaction from your bank and merged with manually entered transaction you can also see the original Payee and Memo information contained in the download/import by holding down Alt key and moving the mouse.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Tom K on 17 Aug, 2019 02:51 PM

Thanks for your help. I had no idea I could use the ALT key to see all that information. It's a little cumbersome for me to use the ALT key though. I use a Surface Pro tablet computer with the on screen keyboard. Two columns with Description and Memo side by side would work best for me.

Tom

4. System closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2019 03:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac