Add Share Balance column to Securities Detail view

magellan

18 Aug, 2019 01:12 PM

I may be missing something, but I haven't found an easy way to track the number of shares remaining for a security in an account after each transaction (eg buy, sell reinvest dividend).

Currently, the only way I've found to show the remaining shares is to do a Portfolio report with the date set to the date of the transaction in question.

Assuming I'm not missing something, I can see two ways that this could be implemented.

The first is to add a column in the upper left table of the Securities Detail view that shows the remaining share balance for the selected security.

Alternatively, this extra "remaining shares" column could be added in the Investment Transaction report.

Either way, it'd be great to have a way to see a running total of remaining shares for each security after each transaction.

After importing data from Quicken, I had several dozen instances of share balance rounding errors that caused the share balance to go negative and these have been very difficult to track down manually.

1. 1 Posted by Henry on 20 Aug, 2019 02:25 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
    There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so I've attached it to this discussion, to include the notes you have added.
    The developers will be looking into it.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2019 02:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac