Reporting on Dividends and Capital Gains should not be this hard

steve pauley

26 Aug, 2019 12:58 AM

Let's start out with what I am looking for (actually need). A very simple report organized by Investment Account listing the Dividends and Capital Gains for each security -- configurable by a time frame. Simple and easy report to do -- all the data is in the Moneydance program.

Yes, I have tried many many many times with the following - 1) Capital Gains report -- problem, only shows capital gains 'realized' on stock sales -- nothing at all regarding gains from mutual funds -- very perplexing; 2) Closes report is the Income and Expense report - where in the Income section it does show Capital Gains and Dividends -- just that, no mention of the Investment Acct. I've tried the Transaction filter -- nothing. Also have tried the Investment Report extensions -- nope. Thought I hit the jackpot with this feature -- but the Income column does not or can not be further broken into Capital Gains and Dividends.

What is very frustrating is the data is in the program -- MD knows by each transaction in hte Register for investment accts if dividend or capital gains.

If anyone has found a work around let me know. But this is one report that needs to be added to MD or modifying an existing report.

Category

1. System closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2019 01:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac