Changing the order of the columns

robert

07 Sep, 2019 06:05 PM

I would like the first column to be the transaction type and the second column to be the date, can this be changed?
Also, I would like when inputting the transaction type, if I enter "E" Moneydance would complete to EFT instead of my entering all three letters

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 07 Sep, 2019 08:08 PM

Hi Robert,

It is not possible to change the order of the columns in a register. You can however, generate, let's say, a Transactions Report and change the order of the columns in the report. You do so by dragging them.

To have an entry in the Check # column auto-complete you first need to create an entry in the Account Info form.
    You can access the form by opening Moneydance to the Summary Page. While viewing the Summary Page, from the Moneydance menu bar, go to Account > Edit Account.
    In the resulting form, you can add, remove and change the order of items that appear in the Check # column.
    Once you've created an 'EFT' entry in the Account Info form, EFT will auto-complete upon entering an 'E' in the Check # column of the register.

HTH -Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Robert Hilton on 07 Sep, 2019 11:07 PM

Kevin, Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone

3. System closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2019 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac