There is not a "Payee" concept in Mondydance.

Alberto M Sabate

12 Sep, 2019 03:05 PM

I just switched from MS Money to Moneydance.
Moneydance has several advantages over MS Money due i would say because is modern. And in my case mainly because Moneydance handles multi-currency correctly.
But there are some concepts that MS Money has that Moneydance lacks, one if not the main one is "Payee".
There is not Payee in Moneydance, then I can't for instance:
Report Expenses by Payee
Report Expenses for a given Payee
Change a Payee name in one click that would change the Payee in thousands of transactions.
Suggestion: change the Description to Payee concept. For the Description we already have Memo.
Attached a MS Money Report on my Enterprise Rental Car expenses.

Sincerely
Alberto M. Sabate

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Sep, 2019 06:27 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I started using Moneydance along side MS Money back in 2016.
    If you think and use the Description field as a Payee field you should find that work.
    The Transaction Filer report can filter by Description field (Payee field).
    If I want to change a payee name, I use the Extension Find and Replace. In the top right FIND window type the payee into the Free Text field ticking the Free Text box and only tick the Description box and click FIND. Check the result window, any lines you don’t want to change just untick its box. Then in the top left REPLACE window type the new payee into the Description field and tick Description box. Click REPLACE ALL. If you are happy with the change in the FIND RESULT window, click RECORD if not click RESET. When you have finished click DONE. As you can see there are a lot of filters you can use to refine Find and Replace. Find and Replace is a powerful tool it’s a good Idea to do an EXPORT BACKUP in case something goes wrong.

Alternatively, you can use the filter box top right on the summary page for a global change of a Description (payee name) or if you want to change a Description (payee name) in only a specific account display that register. Then Alt A to highlight all the transaction with the filtered payee, right click and select BATCH CHANGE – DESCRIPTION. Again, this is a powerful tool do an EXPORT BACKUP before you use it.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by asabate on 12 Sep, 2019 06:56 PM

derekkent23:

Thanks!!!

Regards Alberto

Alberto M. Sabate

Avda. Rivadavia 4157 8º Floor “B”.

1205 Buenos Aires. Argentina.

Home: +54-11-4981-5022

Mobile from Argentina: (11)15-6969-2277

Mobile from Overseas: +54-9-11-6969-2277

3. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2019 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac