Multiple Users on one Computer

michaelj

04 Jul, 2009 08:44 PM

Your licensing states: "For the purposes of our license, couples count as a single person." Plus that one license can be for x users of a computer as long as its one computer. First off, I would like to thank you for such reasonable license terms. But my suggestion is that your file format follows such a scenario.

Here is my issue:

I have a moneydance file that I have in /Users/Shared (Mac OS X) so that my wife can also access it from her account. But if I setup a budget, it seems that is placed in the ~/.moneydance folder. So when she opens the moneydance file, she needs to setup her own budget.

It would be nice if information that is not preference-like such as the budget would also be stored in the moneydance file so that in the situation of multiple users on one computer, everyone has the same information.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 25 Jul, 2009 07:00 PM

Hi Michael

I am sorry I have taken so long to reply to your enquiry. I have create a suggestion ticket in our issue tracking system based on your suggestion. Here is the link:

http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/2008

If you register and log into trac you can vote on this issue. The more votes a ticket gets the more likely it will be implemented.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2010 12:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac