Totalling of Stock Holdings

etj92

20 Nov, 2019 03:05 PM

Having looked deeply into my MD I cannot find an easy way to get the total holdings of a particular stock which I hold on several platforms.I can get a good report of the individual holdings on each platform and a total of the cost, gains and balance over the platforms. BUT there is no total for the number of stocks held on the platforms. The only way to do this is to get a calculator out and add up the individual holdings.
Surely this is a very easy thing to program in to get the total stock holdings, I hope you can help.

1. 1 Posted by etj92 on 20 Nov, 2019 03:21 PM

Further to this I not that I raised this issue when I first became a MD user in 2016 and had a reply from Tom Freeman from Infinite Kind Support saying that there was a Request Ticket in to get this modification. Unfortunately, nothing has happened since then. Is there any likelihood of getting this modification to the program?

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley on 06 Dec, 2019 07:18 PM

Me too!

3. 3 Posted by Matt on 07 Dec, 2019 10:00 PM

Me too

4. 4 Posted by davidvernonlong on 09 Dec, 2019 01:28 AM

I switched from Quicken, and this was available on Quicken. Anything Quicken can do Money Dance can do better.

5. 5 Posted by etj92 on 09 Dec, 2019 05:24 AM

Yes, but how?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 1:28, David Long<[email blocked]> wrote: #yiv8685129445 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8685129445 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

6. 6 Posted by davidvernonlong on 09 Dec, 2019 09:28 AM

Hi, On Quicken , when I look at a security I hold it shows all the holdings
    from all accounts.
    Or, when I report on a stock performance report, I can choose not to have
    any subtotal by account, so it just lists all the securities I hold without
    reference to which account holds them.
    regards
    David

7. 7 Posted by avp2 on 12 Jan, 2020 05:17 PM

There is an extension "Investment Reports" that may be able to do it. I have not used it, so not sure, but it does have a "report by ticker (symbol)" rule.

8. System closed this discussion on 12 Apr, 2020 05:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac